CANopen applications for drives and motion control according to CiA 402
Control digital control products such as servo controllers, frequency converters and servo motors
The CANopen CiA 402 Add-on for the CANopen Stack includes software routines for the implementation of CANopen applications for drives and motion control according to CiA 402. It is used among others for digitally controlled control products such as servo controllers, frequency converters and servo motors.
A comprehensive set of API functions allows control of the device state and operating mode. The implementation can handle up to 8 axes and supports homing (Homing Mode), positioning (Profile Position Mode), speed control (Profile Velocity Mode), velocity control (Velocity Mode) and torque control (Profile Torque Mode).
The CANopen CiA 402 Add-on additionally contains the CiA 402 Plugin for the CANopen DeviceExplorer . This plugin allows a simplified work and commissioning of CiA 402 compliant multi-axis CANopen devices:
- State Machine Tab: Graphical visualization of the driver status within the CiA 402 state machine and continuous display of the drive status word.
- Profile Position Tab: Simplifies testing and commissioning of a drive by supporting a comfortable user interface for easy configuration and execution of position profiles
- Object Extensions: special pop-up menu attached to the object entries in the object library, allows immediate access to status and control word of a CANopen drive via mouse click.
Features / Details
- Source code for integration of CANopen functions and CANopen function blocks in IEC61131 systems
- Supports PLC program download and PLC program debugging via CANopen
- CiA 302 compliant CANopen Manager source code
- complete source code of the CANopen Manager, Master and Slaves services including
- an API for NMT Master and pur NMT Slave CANopen devices (useful for HMI devices)
- high scalability and portability
- implemented in plain ANSI C
- seamlessly integrated SDO Manager and SRD Client for dynamic setup of SDO connections
- completely transparent management of SDO clients
- configuration manager using Concise DCFs (a compressed DCF format) to configure CANopen devices
- automatic configuration of heartbeats or life/node guarding
- multiple instance function - implement different logical CANopen devices on a single hardware platform
- software maintenance and technical support free of charge for the first year
- no license fees for used products
- bundles (so called Value Packs) with complete set of fully activated CANopen tools are available
- direct ANSI-C implementation and clear modularized structures support easy porting to new target platforms
- Generic OS API suitable for integration into real-time operating systems
- CANopen Manager protocol stack supports the communication layers for implementing all standardized CANopen device profiles
- CAN driver source code for a variety of target systems
- Unified CAN driver API for all supported CAN interfaces
- High-resolution time stamps
Documents & downloads