The release includes the following software modules:
- CANopen NMT Master & Slave source code CiA 301 /art.no. SO-877/SO-877-VP
- CANopen Manager Source Code CiA 302 / Part no. SO-1063/SO-1063-VP
This version contains smaller bugfixes and the following new functionalities:
- Extension of the TgtOS interface to connect the CANopen stack to Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 2013, Express Logic ThreadX, Keil RTX5 V2, FreeRTOS and SafeRTOS
- Several CiA 401 based demo projects have been added:
- NXP MPC5634M with S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture
- NXP Kinetis K60 with wedge MDK-ARM
- NXP Kinetis KE06 with wedge MDK-ARM
- Microchip PIC32MK1024GPE with MPLAB X
- Raspberry Pi® 3 Model B ARM-Cortex-A53 with GCC Eclipse and SYS TEC USB-CANmodul as CAN Interface
- Texas Instruments - TMS570LS1227 (no OS and SafeRTOS) with Code Composer Studio
- STMicroelctronics - STM32F767 with wedge MDK-ARM
- STMicroelctronics - STM32F407 (no OS, Keil RTX5 V2 and FreeRTOS) with Keil MDK-ARM
- STMicroelctronics - STM32F373 (no OS, Keil RTX5 V2 and FreeRTOS) with Keil MDK-ARM
- Renesas Synergy S3, S5, S7 (no OS and Express Logic ThreadX) with e2Studio
A detailed list of supported target platforms can be found here:
The MPDO Add-on (Art. No. SO-1066) supports the DAM Mode (Destination Address Mode) as well as the SAM Mode (Source Address Mode).
The function extension CcmInitCANopenEx() within the SO-877 CANopen stack allows the user to choose whether the CANopen node is started as NMT master or slave before initialization. For all customers with a valid software maintenance and service contract (SMSA), the new CANopen stack version is available as a free download via the respective support access. For customers without SMSA, we can offer a one-time update or an update including service and support contract - please contact us via sales(at)systec-electronic.com or + 49-3765 38600-2110
SYS TEC electronic's CANopen Protocol Stack - Short and sweet!
The SYS TEC CANopen protocol stacks implement the complete functionality according to the CANopen specifications CiA 301 and CiA 302. These comprehensive function libraries contain CANopen Manager, Master and Slave services and thus enable the design of any CANopen Master or Slave device. For example, CANopen services such as NMT master (network management), LSS master (layer setting services) and SDO clients for the implementation of CANopen master nodes are part of the CANopen source code. A number of different add-on packages are available, which extend the functionality and can be added and used application-specifically if required. These include the extension for CANopen Manager, SRDO Safety Protocol, Bootloader or NMT Flying Master.
The structure of the CANopen protocol stack implementation offers the user scalability, performance and portability. The CANopen stack has a modular structure and individual modules or services can be integrated into or removed from a project depending on the desired functionality and available memory capacity. Multi-instance support allows various logical CANopen devices or applications to be implemented on a single physical hardware or target platform. The implementation in ANSI-C allows a good portability to different target platforms.
The structured API makes it easy to use CANopen services without having to delve into the details of the stack implementation. The CANopen Stack package contains many example programs, demo projects and a comprehensive documentation, which offers the user step-by-step support. In addition, comprehensive configuration and analysis tools are available to simplify the development, testing and integration of CANopen applications.